Posted at 12:12 pm
If you like hot stuff, omit the pepper flakes, adjust the salt and pepper, and add as much of your favorite hot sauce as it takes to make you happy!
PREP TIME 15 min / COOK TIME 4 min / NEED non-stick skillet / MAKES 2 servings
INGREDIENTS 1 head of CAULIFLOWER / 1 clove GARLIC / juice of 1 LIME (about 2 Tbsps) / SALT to taste / BLACK PEPPER to taste / 1 Tbsp NUTRITIONAL YEARS (optional) / RED PEPPER flakes (optional) / 1/2 cup chopped CHIVES
- Remove stems from CAULIFLOWER, wash, and break into florets.
- Heat non-stick skillet until a drop of water sizzles. Add chopped GARLIC and CAULIFLOWER.
- Stir and cook over low heat until cauliflower turns light brown.
- Add LIME JUICE, SALT, PEPPER, NUTRITIONAL YEAST and PEPPER FLAKES. Stir thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Add chives just before serving.
Cauliflower Nutrition and Facts / Nutritional Yeast Facts
Posted at 1:08 pm
INGREDIENTS 1 cup dried BEANS / 2 cups WATER for soaking / approximately 3 cups WATER for cooking / 1/2 small ONION / 1 clove minced GARLIC / 1/2 tsp SALT, or to taste / 1/4 tsp BLACK PEPPER or to taste
PREP TIME 5 minutes for cleaning and washing / 8-12 hours for soaking / COOK TIME approximately 2 hours / NEED strainer for washing / covered pan / MAKES 3 cups
- Clean 1 CUP BEANS and wash thoroughly.
- Cover beans in 2 CUPS WATER and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and rinse again.
- Add 3 CUPS WATER, 1/4 SMALL ONION, and 1 CLOVE MINCED GARLIC
- Bring to a full boil, lower heat and continue cooking until beans have the desired consistency; add 1/2 tsp SALT, 1/4 tsp BLACK PEPPER, and continue cooking 5 minutes more.