Posted at 2:42 pm
Quick and easy side dish for any meal.
PREP TIME 5 min / COOK TIME 5-7 minutes / NEED non-stick skillet / MAKES 2 cups
INGREDIENTS 2 cups fresh asparagus /1 clove garlic chopped fine / 1 Tbsp olive oil (optional) / 2 Tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- Wash 2 CUPS FRESH ASPARAGUS. Leave whole or cut spears into halves or thirds, as desired.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. OLIVE OIL or WATER to medium. Add 1 CLOVE FINELY CHOPPED GARLIC and ASPARAGUS. Stir lightly.
- Lower heat and sautee to desired tenderness.
- Add LEMON JUICE and SALT and PEPPER to taste before serving.
Posted at 12:12 pm
If you like hot stuff, omit the pepper flakes, adjust the salt and pepper, and add as much of your favorite hot sauce as it takes to make you happy!
PREP TIME 15 min / COOK TIME 4 min / NEED non-stick skillet / MAKES 2 servings
INGREDIENTS 1 head of CAULIFLOWER / 1 clove GARLIC / juice of 1 LIME (about 2 Tbsps) / SALT to taste / BLACK PEPPER to taste / 1 Tbsp NUTRITIONAL YEARS (optional) / RED PEPPER flakes (optional) / 1/2 cup chopped CHIVES
- Remove stems from CAULIFLOWER, wash, and break into florets.
- Heat non-stick skillet until a drop of water sizzles. Add chopped GARLIC and CAULIFLOWER.
- Stir and cook over low heat until cauliflower turns light brown.
- Add LIME JUICE, SALT, PEPPER, NUTRITIONAL YEAST and PEPPER FLAKES. Stir thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Add chives just before serving.
Cauliflower Nutrition and Facts / Nutritional Yeast Facts
Posted at 1:08 pm
This basic method can be used for all kinds of beans. Garlic, onion, salt, and pepper are recommended if you are planning to eat them “as is” but they are optional if you are going to use them in a recipe, such as refried beans or hummus (made from chick peas). You may want to experiment with other seasonings as well, such as barbecue sauce for pinto beans.
INGREDIENTS 1 cup dried BEANS / 2 cups WATER for soaking / approximately 3 cups WATER for cooking / 1/2 small ONION / 1 clove minced GARLIC / 1/2 tsp SALT, or to taste / 1/4 tsp BLACK PEPPER or to taste
PREP TIME 5 minutes for cleaning and washing / 8-12 hours for soaking / COOK TIME approximately 2 hours / NEED strainer for washing / covered pan / MAKES 3 cups
- Clean 1 CUP BEANS and wash thoroughly.
- Cover beans in 2 CUPS WATER and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and rinse again.
- Add 3 CUPS WATER, 1/4 SMALL ONION, and 1 CLOVE MINCED GARLIC
- Bring to a full boil, lower heat and continue cooking until beans have the desired consistency; add 1/2 tsp SALT, 1/4 tsp BLACK PEPPER, and continue cooking 5 minutes more.