This tasty soup is rich in Vitamins B6, K, and C.
|PREP 20 min||COOK 30 min||SERVES 4|
- 1 Tbsp BUTTER or vegan substitute
- 1 large or 2 small LEEKS
- 2 medium POTATOES
- 2 1/4 c VEGETABLE BROTH
- 1 Tbsp chopped CHIVES
- 1 medium chopped CARROT
- 1 c frozen PEAS (optional)
- SALT and PEPPER to taste
- Cut the roots and dark green ends off the LEEKS, keeping only the white and light green parts. Slice them lengthwise and rinse under running water, scrubbing away the dirt and sand that may have accumulated between their layers. Cut into thin slices. There should be about 2 cups of sliced LEEKS.
- Sauté the LEEKS in the BUTTER for about 10 minutes, until they are soft.
- Cut the POTATOES into small squares and cook with the LEEKS about 10 more minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the VEGETABLE BROTH, CARROTS and PEAS and cook over low heat until vegetables are well done.
- Season with SALT and PEPPER to taste, and sprinkle CHIVES on top before serving.