INGREDIENTS 2 1/2 cups all-purpose FLOUR / 1/4 tsp YEAST / 1 tsp SALT / 1 cup (approximate) WATER heated to 120º-130º F
PREP TIME 5 min + 3.5 hours for rising / COOK TIME 30 minutes / TEMPERATURE 450º F / NEED large bowl, baking pan, parchment paper / MAKES 1 loaf
- Aerate 2 1/2 cups FLOUR by beating it with a fork or whisk.
- Whisk in 1/4 tsp YEAST and 1 tsp SALT.
- Add 1 cup WATER and blend to make a sticky dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 3 hours.
- On a floured surface, fold the dough 10-12 times and shape into loaf.
- Place the loaf in a parchment-lined baking pan, cover with a clean dish towel and let rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450º F. To steam bread, carefully insert a small baking pan containing 1 cup of boiling water into the oven.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.